WORKSHEETS: (PDF Print)
Equations are a means to indicate different expressions are equal in value. Students will be required to solve an equation which essentially means isolating one variable in terms of a value or equivalent expression. This procedure can be accomplished by undoing the operations that transformed the variable into a more complex expression in the first place. Any operation performed on one side must be performed on the other side also to maintain equality. Those operations typically include…
- Multiplication to eliminate fractions or denominators
- Addition/Subtraction to remove constants
- Division to remove coefficients
- Squares to undo square roots and vice versa
- …any operation that undoes the complexity of the expression to isolate one variable in the form x =
Make sure to plug your results back into the equation to check for any calculation or logical mistakes. Remember some equations do not have a unique solution, but rather many or no solutions.
Worksheet - One, Two Step Equations
- Required Skill Test
- 10 Random Questions
- No time limit
- 80% correct required to Pass Skill
- Exit and return to test (answer choices recorded)
- Answered questions green/unread questions white.
©2018 TestPrepSHSAT.com. All Rights Reserved.